Replies

Cisco WAE - WAFS Edge service notification

tmowinski
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I deployed WAAS into our network with WAFS. Everything sims to work OK but on

INFO level I have notification:

INFO Host 1.1.1.1:139 was not discovered, bypass period: 60 sec, number of events: 1, reason: digital signatures are required by server

Somethimes it is port 445.

It is strange becouse this server is domain controller and I don't have another errors and everything - file servers, preposition to much more servers works.

Do anybody now what this info means ?

thanks in advance

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

dstolt
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hey,

The reason that you are getting these messages is that by default, Windows AD servers have digital signatures enabled which prevent "caching" of the files (man in the middle). This is by design and these messages can be ignored for domain controllers. We still accelerate sessions to these servers via TFO/DRE/LZ, however they are not accelerated via the CIFS adapter (WAFS). Digital Signatures can be disabled via the registry, however, most sysadmins leave the AD servers as enabled and disable digital signatures if needed on the dedicated file servers for CIFS acceleration.

Hope that helps,

Dan

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

dstolt
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hey,

The reason that you are getting these messages is that by default, Windows AD servers have digital signatures enabled which prevent "caching" of the files (man in the middle). This is by design and these messages can be ignored for domain controllers. We still accelerate sessions to these servers via TFO/DRE/LZ, however they are not accelerated via the CIFS adapter (WAFS). Digital Signatures can be disabled via the registry, however, most sysadmins leave the AD servers as enabled and disable digital signatures if needed on the dedicated file servers for CIFS acceleration.

Hope that helps,

Dan