cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Network Setup for a 1232AG config with multiple AP's

shane.brath
Level 1
Level 1

I'm looking to deploy a temporary outdoor network using 1232AG radios, with only one radio connected to Ethernet & Internet. All the other radios will have a A radio connection to the parent. And their

G radios will advertise for Client Access. Ultimately I'd also like to have the local ethernets active on each of the remote Radios, so that a switch could be setup for people who don't have Wireless.

So the questions, Is this type of setup even possible? If I use the A radios for back haul, and the G radio for Client Access, does the Ethernet get disabled?

What station-role in the network should each of the radios play. Ultimately I believe we could have different SSID's and IP Subnets for each AP, but if we kept them all the same, can we make this one big Bridge? So that someone can Roam between AP's. Granted I don't have the funds for Wireless Lan Controller. Sugestions?

1 Reply 1

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

So what you are trying to do is have some sort of MESH outdoor wireless, but using the 1232AG? Don't think you can do this by using the bridge role. You would have to go bridge to bridge and then have an ap connected to one of the bridge to handle users...

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: