cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to setup a "Dedicated BackDoor" # via Translation Pattern

DMobley1022
Level 1
Level 1

We want to setup a "Dedicated Back door" # that dials into our VM system. I was going to do this through a translation patter, however not sure where I enter the DID of the "Dedicated backdoor" #, not sure where I enter the 4digit ext of the VM.

7 Replies 7

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Just use a DID, add a CTI in CallManager. Check mark the box to forward to voicemail mail.

You can customize this by adding the DID into a CallHandler. Then customize the greeting say something like. "You have reach company xyz voicemail, please press the * key and your 4 digit mailbox number.

I'm trying to also incorporate alt extenstion into this equation as well.

When I call from my cell phone which I have entered as an alt extention it is still asking me for my ID and password. I only want it to ask for password because it should recognize my cell # as the alt ext and not need to ask for ID.

If you put in your cell phone in the Alternate Extension into the Subscribers profile, call the back door number and it should only ask you for your password, not pin.

Make sure the number you put in as the alternate extension matches what will be passed to unity. You will probably need the 10digit number rather then just the 7digits.

Yes I do have the 10 digit # just like 3033033030 and I'm still being prompted to enter ID and password.

Does you cell phone provide outgoing caller ID? Or does it show up on the other end as private/unknown? I realize this seems like a silly question, but sometimes that is all it takes.

Figured out the problem. We are using Cisco Unity 5.0

This means you use a setting called "Easy Sign-In".

Also, I don't even have to use an alt extenstion, I just enable Easy sign in and no matter where I call from I hit * and all I have to do is enter my password.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: