cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

7961 Phone goes dead

burleyman
Level 8
Level 8

I am getting reports from people in our offices that all of a sudden their phone goes blank which in turn causes the PC connected to the phone to loose connectivity. Here is what they have told me they do. They connect the PC directly in to the wall jack that the phone was connected to and the PC connects. They then take another phone and connect it to the jack in question and that phone works. They then take the phone in question and connect it to another jack and it works again. So they that the original phone and reconnect it to the original jack in it still will not work. I checked the interface for errors and there are none. Now I am being told it is happening and another location. I cannot confirm what they are telling me but I don't think they are misleading me...but this makes no sense to me. Has anyone seen or heard of anything like this?

Thanks,

Burleyman

7 Replies 7

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Which SW do you have on the phones ?

You will have to forgive me I am not overly well versed at VoIP but are you asking for like Call Manager?

There is software on the phone too. If you don't manage the system, you can have the person that does to do some simple sanity checks.

Sorry....I have it now. That is where I got that info from. He is blaming the switching gear which is what I take care and I don't think that is it but who knows. I have the SW off the phone sorry for the confusion....

MAC Address XXXXXX

Host Name SEPXXXXXX

Phone DN XXXXXX

App Load ID jar41sccp.8-3-2SR1.sbn

Boot Load ID 7961G-GE_64-02070631Amd64megRel.bin

Version SCCP41.8-3-2SR1S

Expansion Module 1

Expansion Module 2

Hardware Revision 1.0

Serial Number XXXXXX

Model Number CP-7961G-GE

Message Waiting No

UDI phone

Cisco IP Phone 7961G-GE, Global, Gig Ethernet

CP-7961G-GE

V02

FCH1149AHK6

Time 3:21:57p

Time Zone Eastern Standard/Daylight Time

Date 03/14/08

Is there anything in the logs on the phone I should look for?

No really. The thing is that the phone crash. Suggest you downgrade to 8.2.2SR4S that should be more stable.

Is there a known issue with the software? Can you send me a link?

thanks,

Burleyman

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: