Views
Helpful
Replies

1522 and controller code

omarmontes
Level 1
Level 1

Hi guys, 3 questions in here:

What code do I need to run 1522 APs? Do I need the mesh code or the main code for the controller?

Also, for using a mix of APs (1242 as mesh, 1242 as non-mesh and 1522) do i need also the mesh code?

We already have the controller with a 4.1.217 regular code, can it be downgrade it to the mesh version code?

thanks in advance!

5 Replies 5

philoclyde
Level 1
Level 1

In order to run the 1522 APs, you will need to use the mesh code. I know that it is a hassle, but it is not recommended to run both mesh and non-mesh aps on the same controller. You would need two separate controllers. The only controller that will not currently take the newer mesh code is the older 2000 series controllers. The mesh runs a lot nicer on the newer codes. The release notes for the mesh codes will be able to give you more in depth information.

Good luck.

thanks for the reply!

I thought there was a problem about downgrading, theres a line in the release notes that says "you cant downgrade from a 4.2 code"

yes there is, I had to do the same thing, downgrade a controller running 4.2 back to 4.1.191, lost all of the config information on the controller, had to rebuild it from scratch.

timkaye
Level 1
Level 1

Hello.

Hopefully you have this sorted.

1522's need a minimum code of 4.1.191.24M (Mesh)

You can run the local mode APs on the Mesh train, but they will be loading an image based on 4.1.185.0 - so any bug fixes after this code will not be applied to these APs.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card