I have Unity 4.0(4)sr1 in production integrated with Lotus Notes. I am upgrading to new hardware then upgrading to 5.0
I've read about how to do it by using a new server name and IP address. That way I can bring the new box online into AD without disrupting the old one. However, due to Lotus Notes needing the server name in all client references, I need to keep the servername the same.
So, I'm wondering how to do this without breaking anything in AD. (I'm no AD expert)
1) Build new Unity server with Win 2003 in lab. Patch. Use same servername and IP
2) Run DiRT on existing server. Disconnect current Unity from network. Remove the server from AD. -- anything else?
3) Connect new server to network. Join to AD as a member server
4) Install Unity 4.0(4) and patch to SR1. Make sure it integrates with Lotus Notes. Also UTIM to Call Manager. Verify.
5) Restore DiRT onto new server. Validate user info.
6) Begin upgrade to 5.0
**This is the point where I'm not sure if I need to upgrade DUCS to 1.2.3 FIRST or AFTER Unity upgrade. I'm thinking do DUCS first, because the message store will run as a part of upgrading Unity. Has anyone done this?**
7) Validate upgrade to Unity. Integration to Lotus and CCM 5.X
Now, all that said, what do I need to do in AD? Do I need to delete some accounts so that the new Unity can create them during the install? Will AD be looking at the old accounts? Anything on the AD would really help.