cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

No routing at all

braninl29
Level 1
Level 1

I have a 2851 router. Please see the attached configuration file. In attempting to get it to work at all, I have tried both IOS 12.4(15)T3 (ED) AdvancedIPServices and 12.4(18) (LD) IPBase. I have the same problem with both. I have created a very basic config, but can't get routing to work. The configuration of the network is as follows: <my PC> - <2851> - <telco managed router> - <internet>. The IP address of my PC is 10.30.10.55/24. The "internal" address of the 2851 is 10.30.10.5/24, while the "external" address is close to 216.10.10.106/28. The 2851-facing side of the Telco managed router is close to 216.10.10.105/28.

When logged onto the console of the 2851, I can successfully ping my local PC, both interfaces on the 2851, the 216.10.10.105 address on the Telco router and other addresses out on the Internet. However, from my local PC, I can only ping the two interfaces on the 2851 (and other devices on my local network), not the telco interface (216.10.10.105), nor other addresses on the Internet. I am not able to do anything else over the Internet (e.g. browse a website) either.

This seems like it should be the most basic routing possible, but I am simply unable to get it to work. Am I missing something?

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Danilo Dy
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

This is because your PC IP Address is Private IP Address. You need to NAT it to Public IP Address to be able to reach internet.

Regards,

Dandy

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Danilo Dy
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

This is because your PC IP Address is Private IP Address. You need to NAT it to Public IP Address to be able to reach internet.

Regards,

Dandy

Branin,

Add the following NAT (PAT) configuration and test.

ip nat inside source list 7 interface GigabitEthernet0/0 overload

access-list 7 permit 10.30.10.0 0.0.0.255

int GigabitEthernet0/0

ip nat outside

int GigabitEthernet0/1

ip nat inside

HTH

Sundar

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card