cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can the menu order in the directories listing on IP phone be changed?

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

we have a customer running CCM 5.1(3) and they want the Corporate directory listed under option 5 on their IP phones to be swapped with personal directory option 4.

Hence they want their directory menu to look like this

1. missed call

2. received calls

3.placed calls

4.Coorporate Directory ( presently this spot is sued by personal directory)

5. Personal Dirctory

Can this be done and how?

Many thanks

Please rate all useful posts
3 Replies 3

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Deji,

Hope all is well my friend :) Sadly this order cannot be changed. This question has come up every once in awhile. Here is one such thread (answer from Adam @ Cisco);

http://forum.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&forum=Unified%20Communications%20and%20Video&topic=Unified%20Communications%20Applications&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Dpass_through%26location%3Doutline%40%5E1%40%40.1ddd4281/4#selected_message

Hope this helps!

Rob

Rob,

Thanks for your response.

I have looked at the post and observed sevreal work arounds. The one I think will appeal to our customer is the soft key solution. I have tried creating a new soft key template called corporate directory, however I cant seem to be able to add the url pointing the corporate directory url under add application.

Do you know how I can do this?

Please rate all useful posts

Hey Deji,

No worries :)

Did you create and save the new Non-Standard "Corporate Directory" first and then go back to it to add the Application Softkey?

It sounds like this is the way;

Adding Application Softkeys to Nonstandard Softkey Templates

Cisco Unified CallManager includes standard softkey templates for call processing and applications. When creating custom, nonstandard softkey templates, copy the standard templates and make modifications as required. This procedure describes how to add application softkeys to a nonstandard softkey template that you created.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/5_1_3/ccmcfg/b06skey.html#wp1025842

Hope this helps!

Rob