Views
Helpful
Replies

Downgrading Cisco PIX

Amahameed
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

i was reading the config guide for the Cisco PIX Version 6.3 IOS, i noticed there is no clear procedure for downgrading the cisco pix from this version to version 6.0.

there is a procedure for downgrading to version 4 and 5.

here is what in the config PDF: "To downgrade to an earlier version, enter the following command:

flash downgrade version

Replace version with one of the following values:

You do not need to use the flash downgrade command when downgrading to Versions 5.2 or 5.3 from Version 6.1."

please how can i go with the downgrade to version 6.0. i need this procedure if the version 6.3 fails?!!!

regards,

Ala

3 Replies 3

abinjola
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

use the procedure,

copy tftp flash

jojuarez
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Ala,

You can just use the "copy tftp flash" command and just upload the old image. You can refer to the following link:

http://cco.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/iaabu/pix/pix_61/relnotes/61dwngrd.htm

Although I do not know why would someone want to go to versions earlier than 6.3.5 as they're no longer supported.

In the odd case that you encounter any problem w/ 6.3.5 (which, btw, is GD), you may go for an interim release but not to downgrade. v6.3.5 has several fixes for bugs in earlier deployments.

Hi jojuarez,

Actually, just to know, and as a pre-caution.

thanks for help.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card