Views
Helpful
Replies

Calls getting dropped before being answered

jpl861
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

We are having problem with calls being dropped in our network. Actually the Call Manager and voice gateways were owned by the client. We don't see any issues with our network anymore. Here's a brief description of a problem. I'm not a telephony person that's why I do not know where to look at. Either on the network side or push them back the issue for the telephony side. Here it is.

"Our agents experience totally dropped calls, usually, one after the other. It will display the phone number for a split second, cisco phone will beep indicating that there's an incoming call and then it will beep again and another phone number will show up and so on. There's not even a chance to say the opening spiel or hear the customer talking because the calls comes consecutively after the other."

Can you guys please help me with this one? Thanks.

Regards,

John

1 Reply 1

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

does this happen for internal and/or external calls?

what protocol do you use for the GW?

what CUCM version?

you need to gather detailed CUCM traces and also you might need a debug voip ccapi inout and/or a debug isdn q931 to troubleshoot this

javalenc

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: