Controller failover

Unanswered Question
Mar 15th, 2008

I am going to be implementing a solution for 2 sites seperated by a WAN, each site will have 1 controller, and there will be one additional controller at the main site which will serve as the backup controller for both sites. I am a little unsure on the best way to do this. Can a controller be part of multiple mobility groups (1 mobility group per site) or is there a better way?

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
ahmedalshami Sun, 04/06/2008 - 02:23

configure mobility group in both controllers with same Name and but the MAC address in mobility group after that ping from controllers to each other if ok configure the same SSID and Interfaces on the back up controller and do failover test

You can also from access points chose who is the primary and secondary controllers to authenticate with APs (from wireless TAP then chose configure from access point)

It seems to be a new feature from version

Backup controller support for access points to fail over to controllers outside the mobility group-A single controller at a centralized location can act as a backup for access points when they lose the primary controller in the local region. Centralized and regional controllers need not be in the same mobility group. Using the controller CLI, you can specify a primary, secondary, and tertiary controller for your network's access points. In controller software release, you can specify the IP address of the backup controller, which allows the access points to fail over to controllers outside of the mobility group. This feature is currently supported only through the controller CLI.

This Discussion

Trending Topics: Other Wireless Mobility

client could not be authenticated
Network Analysis Module (NAM) Products
Cisco 6500 nam
reason 440 driver failure
Cisco password cracker
Cisco Wireless mode