Views
Helpful
Replies

CUPC can not connect to Voice Mail

Fady Hwalla
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I did the configuration for the CUCS server to connect to the Unity and now I see that my CUPC client can not connect to the voice mail, is there a port different then 143?

thanks

Fady

8 Replies 8

okuehn
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Fady,

to access your voicemail from CUPC you have to have IMAP license access: "Users with IMAP access to voice messages" (LicIMAPSubscribersMax).

next you have to set up a COS for user allowing voicemail access using imap by enabling:

"Allow Users to Access Voice Mail Using an IMAP Client"

"Allow Users to Use Unified Client to Access Voice Mail"

now you can connect CUPC using standard imap port 143.

although cisco proposes CUPC connecting to voicemail (unity connection 2.x) without IMAP license, this is actually not working due to bug CSCsi17080

"CUPC is unable to connect to Unity Connection 2.0 using TLS port 7993"

hope this helps!

Is there a work around to bug CSCsi17080 or does Unity connection 2 not work CUPC at all??

there is no actual fix for this issue. however, at the end of the day, in our case TAC engineer created additional IMAP user license to acces voicemail through CUPC! i think this is also the proposed workaround in the internal bug info

hope this helps!

gogasca
Level 10
Level 10

If using Unity you need to use the Exchange IP address and make sure IMAP service is running under Windows Services.

Also configure CUPC credentials (Ad account) or the accoun that you use for PCA

What do you mean by using the Exchange IP address? where exactly do you mean?

can I have more details about this as it is my first CUPS installation and now I have another issue which is: I can not add any contact, I saw this in the troubleshooting guide but all the configurations are correct and i am using the correct UserID attributes, it is weird.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Hi guys,

I have unity 5.x (failover VM on box) with CUPC7 client. I have enabled IMAP on exchange and am pointing the CUPC client to my 2nd unity server(it hosts exchange). The client is configured with the username and password of the unity subscribers LAN details. To retrieve VM's using CUPC do I need to enable it anywhere else or is that it (can't see anything in COS to enable it) also do I need to have IMAP client licenses i.e. UNITY-CLO-USR,...cheers, Jaginder

Hi,

I have faced the same problem and resolved it by using the following procedure.

1. in unity server name put the name of the exchange server

2.Ip address of ur exchange server

3. port 143 and protocol TCP

4. You need to enable IMAP service on exchange and use the plan text authentication

5. go to CUPC and than accounts and put the name of the user as defined in the active directory

Hopefully it will work, if did not work check the follwing

1. Pinf the name of the exchange seerver, it should be pinable

2. telnet (exchange server ip address) 143 you should be able to telnet

3. login by using username and password to the IMAP. If you are able to login than you will be able to get the voice messages.

Thanks

thanks, will give it another go,...J

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: