CUPC can not add contacts

Unanswered Question
Mar 16th, 2008

Hi, i found this in the troubleshooting document but it didnt help:

Cannot Add a Contact to Any Existing Group or to Any New Group

Problem The user reports not being able to add a contact to any existing group or to any new group. The Add Contact to Group option is greyed out on the right-click menu, and the Actions > Add Contact to Group menu does not add the contact to the group.

Solution Try these solutions:

•The UserID attribute in the LDAP Attribute Mapping table might be incorrectly configured in Cisco Unified Presence Administration (Application > Unified Personal Communicator > Settings). For details about configuring the Cisco Unified Presence LDAP settings, see the Cisco Unified Personal Communicator installation guide at this URL:

•Make sure the contact to be added is in the Cisco Unified Communications Manager and in the Cisco Unified Presence databases.

anyone got this issue before and made it work?

thanks for your help in advance.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
cjrchoi11 Tue, 03/18/2008 - 20:45

check the 'Directory Server Type' from Application > Unified Personal Communicator > Settings. you must change to 'Microsoft AD' if your LDAP is AD (default=Nescape LDAP server')

cnoonan Thu, 04/07/2011 - 07:54

I am having a similar issue with not being able to add contacts. Nothing is greyed out, when I add the contact the name appears in the group and immeadiately disappears.

AD is configured correctly and the LDAP field mappings are also correct.

My colleague can add LDAP users that are still on the legacy phone system but not UPC users on the CIsco system.

Using 8.5 UCM, UC, CUPS.

We are just running the pilot at present but need to get to the bottom of this before we start to roll out the sites.

This Discussion