Quickest & cheapest way to obtain CCNA

Unanswered Question
Mar 16th, 2008

Hi everyone, I'm new in this amazing world and I looking for the best way to obtain the CCNA. I had studied a lot of materials and I think I'm ready to make the exam.

Please give me your opinions.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Istvan_Rabai Sun, 03/16/2008 - 11:59

Hi Liev,

If you're ready to make the exam, then the cheapest way is to make it.

You put a lot of effort to obtain this knowledge, didn't you?

Did you practice on routers or simulators?

I mean, do you have any practical experience as well?

You will need some to pass the exam.

Cheers:

Istvan

liev_aleman Sun, 03/16/2008 - 12:08

I heard about the cost of the exam, aprox $ 150. It's a good cost or you know anothers options??

Thanks.

Istvan_Rabai Sun, 03/16/2008 - 12:48

This is a standard cost for a Cisco exam of that level.

You will get this price everywhere, with some minor differences maybe.

Cheers:

Istvan

Hi There

There are no other legal options. There is no quick and easy way to obtain any Cisco certification.

You buy the relevant books and study and hopefully understand the material. Then you spend some time on either real Cisco equipment (best option) or a simulator (if that is all you have) to gain the required hands on experience of configuring and troubleshooting the technologies you have just learned.

Then when you feel that you fully understand the technologies and feel comfortable configuring and troubleshooting them you pay for and sit your exam and hopefully you have learned the material in sufficient detail to pass the exam on the first attempt.

I suppose that you could always look around on the black market for a photoshop image of someone else's cert. Buy this (for under $150) and either modify it yourself or have someone modify it for you. Change the name and the number etc. Of course this will not stand up to scrutiny or get you any job offers, but you will have a piece of paper to hang on your wall which states you are a CCNA and it was quick, easy and cheap to obtain.

Best Regards,

Michael

liev_aleman Mon, 03/17/2008 - 07:03

Michael you began very good, but I think you misunderstand about quick & easy. Let me explain you.

If you have the time to study and the posibility to practice with the equipment by your self. Is there the posibility to make the exam without a long period of time in an institute?

On the other hand, congratulations for your awesome experience faking certificates. You should have a lot.

I don't like to do that dirty things.

Thanks

Hi Liev

If I misunderstood you then I apologise. However none of your previous posts made it clear that you were talking about the difference between self study and attending something like a Cisco Academy course.

Your statement "I heard about the cost of the exam, aprox $ 150. It's a good cost or you know anothers options?? " made it look like you were asking for some way of obtaining the certification without the outlay of the exam cost.

I simply meant to point out that unless someone wishes to have just a piece of paper which has their name and the word CCNA on it, but is worthless, the only way to get certified is to do the study, get some hands on experience and then sit the test. Of course there are shortcuts, Brain dumps, photoshop etc. However having a cert without being able to work at that level is a waste of paper and devalues the certification.

There is no problem studying for the certifications yourself. Quite a lot of the people on here have self studied for various Cisco certifications, from CCENT right up to CCIE.

So again apologies for the misunderstanding. I did not mean to insinuate that you would use the second method in my post. Only as I said to point out that there are two ways to certify. You study, learn and understand the material or ...

Best Regards & Good luck with your studies,

Michael

liev_aleman Mon, 03/17/2008 - 08:39

Ok Michael, thanks for your counsel.

I apologies to you too, because my english is too bad.

Yes you are right, my second message it's too wide open and you may be think a bad idea.

Well I will continue my preparation and I'll try to pass it.

Thanks for your time.

Liev

celticfc2007 Thu, 03/20/2008 - 00:50

Hi,

There isn't a quick way to obtain any Cisco certs. Thats part of the reason they are a high value qualification.

Ultimately, how quickly you obtain your CCNA or any other certification boils down to how much effort you put in to thoroughly understand the technology.

The same applies whether your doing self-study or going to a Network Academy. But personally, as far as the CCNA, I'd rather invest my money in several books, dvd training materials, and some decent routers and switches than fork out for a Network Academy. When class is finsihed, you've still got a CCNA lab, and some money saved to purchase what ya need for the CCNP =).

Good luck in your pursuits!

sonyscaria Thu, 03/20/2008 - 03:25

hi guys,

If you have the capability of self study,then you don't need to go for a training academy. You will get a lot of self study materials on internet if you really try for that. Dynamips and other stuffs are really helpful. Personally i wont prefer academy training for cisco certifications except CCIE and CCVP.

Personally i have learnt is that we are better than most of the trainers ( not all).

Good Luck

Actions

This Discussion