cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Getting Started with Wireless: Wireless configuration on 877W router - STUC

vincent-n
Level 3
Level 3

Just letting you know that I've already posted an identical post under "Getting Started with Wireless" but don't feel that I'm getting any attention so I made another post. Thank you.

Hi all

I have a Cisco 877W router running IOS v 12.4(15)T3. Have been trying to configure wireless to run WPA-PSK and is stuck at the final stage. Spent a lot of time configuring the router using CLI but ended up using the Web GUI interface. I was able to configure the wireless settings (I think) but failed when connecting to the router from WinXP-SP2 and was wondering if you have any suggestion for me. I've ran the following debugs on the router:

VNRouter#sho debug

DHCP server event debugging is on.

dot11:

802.1X module WPA/WPA-PSK/CCKM key management debugging is on

dot11 Syslog debugging is on

Below is the error message when connecting wirelessly

*Mar 4 18:46:25.655: *** Not encrypted dot1x packet from 001b.771a.dbad has been discarded

VNRouter#

*Mar 4 18:46:25.659: %DOT11-6-ASSOC: Interface Dot11Radio0, Station VNRouter 001b.771a.dbad Associated SSID[VN-WiLess1] AUTH_TYPE[OPEN] KEY_MGMT[WPA PSK]

VNRouter#

*Mar 4 18:47:25.571: *** Not encrypted dot1x packet from 001b.771a.dbad has been discarded

*Mar 4 18:47:25.575: *** Not encrypted dot1x packet from 001b.771a.dbad has been discarded

*Mar 4 18:47:25.575: *** Not encrypted dot1x packet from 001b.771a.dbad has been discarded

*Mar 4 18:47:25.579: *** Not encrypted dot1x packet from 001b.771a.dbad has been discarded.

I've created two VLANs (and tied these two vlans to 2 separate SSID) on this router for a reason and so far has not been able to connect to any of them (SSID). I've also attached the config so you can have a look. Thanks in advance for your help.

1 Reply 1

drolemc
Level 6
Level 6

The configuration looks fine. In most cases, the connectivity issues with WPA-PSK is due to the mismatch in PSK on the Client and the AP. Try re-entering the PSK key on both the router and the client and check if you are seeing any issues.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card