cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

D-LINK switch giving me problems on my NETWORK, solve my problem for me

martinstj
Level 1
Level 1

i am CCNA certified, i set up a LAN using only a D-LINK switch. a computer in the network refuse to see neither the workstation in its workstation nor others in the other workgroups. But the ping command is successful to all computers on the network. This problem has deprived other computer on the network to share resources with this computer. i ve done all i could but all effort was put to avail. assist me with the necessary clues to solve the problems

2 Replies 2

Joseph W. Doherty
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

What type of workstations, workgroups and resource sharing is this? For instance, you can bump into file sharing issues between Windows hosts configured for domains vs. those configured for workgroups.

Hi josephdoherty, thanks for your concern. i ve solved the problem this morning, the problem is as a result of improper setting of the LAN connection. the client network connection check box was not check. After when checked, the computers could now share resources. Thanks for your assistance. May i meet you josephdoherty? my mail address is martinstj@yahoo.com, i will be expecting your profile

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card