cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

2811 IOS Problem

wasiimcisco
Level 1
Level 1

I have cisco 2811 with 12.4(11)SW3. Earlier I have the IOS (C2800NM-IPVOICE-M), Version 12.4(18)

but it was not recognizing the E1 card, but i was able to confiugre it as voice gateway with this IOS, after the 12.4(11)SW3. I am able to detect the card but now it is not supporting the voice commands.

I am not able to make the dial-peer etc. I wanted to configure it as voice gateway. Kindly tell me which IOS will support both the E1 card and voice commands.

9 Replies 9

jcoke
Level 3
Level 3

What card is it?

You should be able to configured the voice commands as long as you have a feature set that has the voice commands.

Just to be clear -- there are 2 components to picking an IOS version. The version number aka 12.4(XXX) and the feature set. The feature set determines if voice commands are available or not.

Ah hah!!

There is no voice image for a 2811 on version 12.4(11)SW3.

I am not sure what card you are working with, but you might try 12.4(15)T4.

c2800nm-ipvoicek9-mz.124-15.T4.bin

Let us know which card, and we can make sure that its supported on that version.

chrclark
Level 1
Level 1

Wasim,

First, I think its important for you to understand that the VWIC-2T1/E1-RAN is a specialized card. If you are going to use it for

IP Transfer Point -

The Cisco IP Transfer Point (ITP) is a comprehensive solution for transporting Signaling System 7 (SS7) traffic over traditional time-division multiplexing (TDM) networks or advanced SS7-over-IP (SS7oIP) networks, using standard-based IETF Signaling Transport (SIGTRAN) protocols.

12.4(11)SW3 has 4 feature sets available.

IP MAP GATEWAY BASE

IP TRANSFER POINT (STP/M2PA)

IP TRANSFER POINT (M3UA/SUA)

IP TRANSFER POINT (SLT)

If you are NOT going to use the 2811 for this feature, then you have the wrong card.

Chris

Thanks for the reply, i have informed my sales team about this wrong module purchase.

Now i need your help regarding the purchase of module for 3825 and 7206 VXR router.

I wanted to have more ethernet port for 3825.

Cisco 3825 (revision 1.2)

2 Gigabit Ethernet interfaces

2 Serial(sync/async) interfaces

2 Channelized (E1 or T1)/PRI ports

1 Virtual Private Network (VPN) Module

Kindly tell me

Cisco 3825-AC-IP : HWIC-4ESW 4-port 10/100 Ethernet switch interface card

Will that fit better for my 3825 router. Router has two slots. Will i required NM or HWIC will directly fit intot the slots.

secondly i need E1 module for 7206 VXR router.

Cisco 7206VXR (NPE-G2) is model. I will terminate E1 connection into new ports. Kindly tell me will

PA-MCX-4TE1 Four-port MIX multichannel T1/E1 port adapter with CSU/DSU

better for it. I need to transfer only data, please do let me.

I want to avoid any problem that i m facing currently with wrong module of 2811.

I will be very greatful to you, if you will help me out, as the way u did.

I would encourage you to talk to your sales team. They should be able to help with these sorts of questions.

HWIC-4ESW is a L2 card. If you are expecting L3 routed interfaces from each port, then it is not a good selection for you.

I think the HWIC-2FE might be a better selection if you need L3 ports.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/routers/ps5854/product_data_sheet0900aecd80581fe6_ps5855_Products_Data_Sheet.html

PA-MCX-4TE1 should be a fine card for data or voice applications.

Again, I would encourage you to get assistance from the sales engineer for you.

Thanks for the reply, I need layer 3 functionality. Bcz i wanted to add one more Bandwidth link on my router. For this purpose i need another routed interface. Which is not possible with HWIC-4ESW.

Now shall i order NM-2FE, will it fit directly into the Router Slot as with the case of HWIC.

The NM ( Network Module slot ) is the 2 larger slots on the left as you look at the router from the back.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/routers/ps5855/ps5857/prod_presentation0900aecd80543db9.html

The HWIC slots are the 4 smaller slots on the right.

The NM-2FE or the HWIC-2FE will both provide the same layer 3 functionality and can be installed directly into the 3825.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: