Views
Helpful
Replies

SSL Vpn Client Types

Communications
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have configured SSL VPN Client(SVC) & Thin-client SSL on ASA Ver 7.x as per docs. Now when a user connects to the outside interface it prompts to download the clientless software even though this particular user is configured in the Thin Client)port forwarding group, is it not possible to all 3 methods configured at the same time(we also have the old VPN client acccess inherited from our PIX

Am I correct in thinking that the group the user belongs to should determine if they can download and use the SVC ckient?

One other thing if I chose not to install the SSK Client and continue to the Port forwading web page after I click on the link within the page no java info is displayed.

2 Replies 2

ggilbert
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The group-policy to which the user gets attached to, can determine what type of connection can be used. If you need SSL VPN - then choose webvpn & SSL VPN.

If you need only webvpn, then use only webvpn.

With regard to java info of port-forwarding, check if the list is being used in the group-policy.

Thanks

Gilbert

Hi Gilbert,

Thanks for responding, I will give that a go

Regards Mike

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card