WEP security

Unanswered Question
Mar 17th, 2008

we are using 1130 AP with WEP encryption and MAC filtering iknow this is weak but i don't have extra budget to implement ACS, my questions:

is there is any better security method to secure the wireless traffic without implemnting ACS?! can I use WPA without buying extra ...?!

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
irisrios Fri, 03/21/2008 - 11:01

Yes you can implement WPA - PSK . It is relatively stronger than just WEP encryption. But it also has its own weakness since it uses the Static Key(PSK) for encryption.

krengasw Wed, 04/02/2008 - 06:46

you can use local EAP option on controllers.this will be seen under security>local eap.so your client will be authenticated by local database of controller.you can select LEAP,EAP-FAST,EAP-TLS AND PEAP Security.

Scott Fella Wed, 04/02/2008 - 14:50

If you want to implement something fast, then go with WPA2-PSK... WPA-PSK has already been compromised. Local EAP along with ACS or IAS or any other radius server will require you to import some sort of certificate. So it really depends on how much time you have:)

pablo1711 Thu, 04/17/2008 - 16:43

There are free RADIUS offerings available to you other than ACS (I know the Cisco guys will frown at this advice!).

Good luck

This Discussion

Trending Topics - Security & Network