Views
Helpful
Replies

Network issue

Tarek
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I have Site to Site VPN set up, I can ping and access files across the VPN tunnel.

However the issue is that, it doesn't display the computers on the workgroup on my network neighbourhood( ie remote computers can not see the main office computers)

Is there a way I will be able to see these computers? if so what command can I use to allow me see these computers.

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

johnd2310
Level 8
Level 8

hi

You will have to enable wins on both sides of the tunnel. If you have wins servers on both sites, then set them as replication partners. If you only have a wins server in the main office, then set remote clients to use that for wins.

regards

John

**Please rate posts you find helpful**

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

johnd2310
Level 8
Level 8

hi

You will have to enable wins on both sides of the tunnel. If you have wins servers on both sites, then set them as replication partners. If you only have a wins server in the main office, then set remote clients to use that for wins.

regards

John

**Please rate posts you find helpful**

Hello John

Does it mean that, it got nothing to do with the vpn setup on these two cisco routers (VPN gateways )?

The customer does not have any wins server. they only use file sharing.

The VPN tunnel is up and the two networks can ping each other and remote sites can access files at the main office.

What I would like to know is whether this customer's request has got nothing to do with the VPN configuration.

I will be very grateful if somebody can reply to me as quickly as possible.

Kind regards

Tarek

Hello John,

Your solution works. Thank you very much.

Tarek

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: