cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA 5540 VPN load-balance across different subnets

mliddek
Level 1
Level 1

I'm trying to determine if its possible to load balance across multiple ASAs that are on different subnets. We are planning to have two devices in our south data center and two in the north data center. we would like to have one virtual IP that outside users will connect to and have it load balanced across the four devices. According to the docs I've seen the load balancing appears to only be possible if the devices are on the same subnet. Our data centers are connected via fiber so there is a low-latency connection between the two facilities.

2 Replies 2

carenas123
Level 5
Level 5

Use the Cluster Load Balance page to enable load balancing for an ASA device in your remote access VPN.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/security_management/cisco_security_manager/security_manager/3.1/user/guide/ravpnch.html#

I'm aware of how to configure load-balancing. However the problem is these devices will be in separate data centers and thus the external interface subnets will be different on each device and according to the docs its looking for the virtual ip subnet to be the same as the external interface subnet. T

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: