cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Users Reports - By number of Calls

Shannon Sutter
Level 1
Level 1

When i run a "top N By number of calls" I'm getting too many calls on one of the user. I would like to know how this report manages the number of calls.

Is it per associated devices?

For example, if i search for this user on the global directory and click on Device Association, there are more than one associated device attached to this user.

I wonder if this is why i get too many calls on the number of calls report.

Just want to make sure if the total number of calls is related with all associated devices to the user or it is just counting calls on the main extention only.

Thank you,

Zeek

4 Replies 4

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

indeed you're right, this is per associated device

when the info is in the CDR database it only contains info for the call and no relation to the user.

when the information migrates to ART the script that does the job takes care of making the match between the phone and the user who 'owns' it.

if you do not have any association no info will be available for user reports since that field will be blank, but in the other hand if you have several devices associated and look per user all of the calls will show up.

if you're trying to look info per extension the best way would be to use the CDR search.

HTH

javalenc

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

Thank you for your help.

One more quick question...

Our main helpdesk line 2222 rolls over if no one answers to 2228.

If i run a CDR search on 2222 will it tells me only the call answered on 2222 or it will include the ones answered on 2228?

Thanks

only the ones to 2222, when the call rolls over it counts as a call to 2228 if they answer it on that line

HTH

javalenc

HTH

java

I don't mean to hijack this thread, but I have a question on CDR Departmental reports. My issue is that when you run a report User Reports------bills---Department, it seems as if some the information is missing. Some user IDs have data and others do not. This is an AD integration so I do not know if this has anything to do with it. I have verified that the user has a phone associated and department ID in the directory. Also if you do a CDR search by the extension the user uses there is data there.

I have looked at this link http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_tech_note09186a008056bd4e.shtml#cause1

and will proceed to sync the ART and CDR databases tonight. Any other ideas or am I missing a config somewhere?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: