cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Transferring Calls - Wrong Caller ID

tglidewell
Level 1
Level 1

I'm new to Cisco VoIP, so please be understanding. When a call comes in, the receptionist answers it. She then hits the transfer button, enters the extension number and hangs up. The call correctly transfers to the extension. If the extension that the call was transferred to does not answer, their personal voice mailbox picks up. When that user returns, they see they have a missed call. When they look at the missed call log in their phone, it shows it as a missed call from the receptionist, not the originating party. How can I correct this?

2 Replies 2

htarra
Level 4
Level 4

My understanding is that this is fixed in CME 4.2. In many respects this wasn't "a bug" but a feature enhancement (actually a mechanism specifically designed to deal with mid-call information updates). The feature was added in an IOS Voice Gateway program not directly related to CME, and CME 4.2 is the first CME version that picks up this IOS enhancement.

michaelzhq
Level 2
Level 2

Try to configure different transfer mode: consulted transfer / blind transfer.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: