cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 2.6: Time zone settings

Jeff Law
Level 1
Level 1

I have a quick question regarding how CiscoWorks determines its time zone settings.

In New Zealand, we have recently changed the start and end times of daylight savings. Last Sunday was when it used to stop, but we now have a few more weeks to go.

The Windows Server OS has the correct time, but we have noticed that the time appearing within CiscoWorks is now an hour out.

For example, the backups which are scheduled to run at 4:00am now finish at 3:51am!

I would have thought that it would have used the OS, but it appears not.

1 Accepted Solution
8 Replies 8

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

No, separate patches are needed for Java to be able to detect the correct timezone. See http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/cscowork/ps242 .

Thanks for the quick response.

The link you specify returns a Page Requested Not available page.

I will peruse a bit for this now that I know what I am looking for.

Thanks

Jeff

Hmmm. I have tried installing this patch and it returns the message saying that "This Point Patch is not intended for this version of cmf..."

I am running CS 3.0.6 and I notice a check in the PERL script for 3.0.5. Does this mean that the CS 3.0.6 should have included this update, or that the update was written before CS 3.0.6 was released.

If the second reason, then would it be safe to install it anyway?

Regards

jeff

This patch should already be a part of CS 3.0.6.

Hmmm. Looks like we have a problem then.

We have CiscoWorks running on 3 windows servers.

I notice that in the Add Remove programs list:

Java 2 Runtime Environment, SE v1.4.2_08 is installed on all 3 servers

J2SE Runtime Environment 5.0 Update 6 is installed on 2 of the servers.

Looking through the readme for the patch, it appears that the patch will install j2re-1.4.2.15.

If this was installed as part of CS 3.0.6, would this Java patch be listed in the Add Remove programs list?

Is there anything else I can look for to see what is casuing this problem?

Regards

Jeff

You need to reinstall the JPI on your client machines for the Add/Remove Programs control panel to update. You should first uninstall both 1.4.2_08 and 1.5.0_6 from these machines, then install 1.4.2_15 from NMSROOT\htdocs\plugin. The installer is called j2re-1_4_2_15-windows-i586-p_withvbj.exe.

This would need to be done on all the client machines that will be using Campus Manager and IPM.

Thanks again.

It will be a few days before I am back in the office to do this.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: