cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

error: could not add dial-peer

rleach
Level 1
Level 1

I have a 3845 with 4 pvdm2-64's... I have a sing voice t1 and a 4 fxo installed. when attempting to add a new dial-peer I get the error: could not add dial-peer ... has anyone seen this?

3 Replies 3

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

this is due to some kind of memory leak that to my knowledge, doesn't have a bug id yet with cisco.

I have to admit I haven't pursued the issue as the immediate workaround is to reload router and add DP. Whoever manages to have a case opened, I will do the same and cross-reference cases to push toward bug status.

Note: it doesn't happen with 12.4(4)XC7.

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

P. Bevilacqua -

I took your advice and uploaded a new image (the specific image you reco'd as well as a couple others) and none of the updated images corrected the problem. The strange part is that I had many additional dial-peers added with my original configuration. I removed some while cleaning things up and then attempted to add a couple and received the error .... Currently I'm running on the image from your post. Any additional suggestions?

You are running 12.4(4)XC7 and after a reboot you receive the error ? This is very strange. Which platform is that, which image and how much memory do you have ?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: