Views
Helpful
Replies

Configuration circuit frame-relay

brunosantosnet
Level 1
Level 1

Hi my friends,

I configured a circuit frame-relay but the connection with internet is not functioning normally. The command ping functions normallly for both the IP address WAN, but exist problem for access internet sites. My services provider indicate that at moment my circuit is up and that not is showing problem. Is necessary other configurations for router allow routing for the internet ?

Thanks,

Bruno Santos

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rick Morris
Level 6
Level 6

You have 2 of the best helping you out on this post.

Without knowing your setup it is impossible to know where to point you. If you do not feel comfortable posting your config, check your default route.

ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0

example:

ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 serial0/0.500

This tells your router that any traffic looking for a route not in your routing table to go out the serial interface, your ISP and have them route the traffic across the internet to find the IP you are looking for.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Send output of show interface and show frame-relay pvc xy.

Also can you describe what mean "problem for access" ?

Bruno

I agree with Paolo that we need more information about your configuration and a better definition of what the problem is.

Based on what we know so far my first guess at the problem is that you are probably using private addressing on the inside of your network, public addressing on the frame relay link, and that address translation is not set up (or has some problem).

In addition to the things that Paolo is asking for I would ask that you post the config of the router.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

Rick Morris
Level 6
Level 6

You have 2 of the best helping you out on this post.

Without knowing your setup it is impossible to know where to point you. If you do not feel comfortable posting your config, check your default route.

ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0

example:

ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 serial0/0.500

This tells your router that any traffic looking for a route not in your routing table to go out the serial interface, your ISP and have them route the traffic across the internet to find the IP you are looking for.

My friend,

Really, I don't configured the default route, now my connection it is normal.

Thanks,

Bruno Santos

I am sorry I don't understand.

You configured the default route and now it works?

or it just works now and you did nothing?

please make sure to rate posts that worked and helped so the netpro community who searches can find valuable posts with results.

Thanks,

Rick

Rick,

Yes, I configured the default route and now it works normally.

Very good,

Thanks.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card