cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Channel Group

shijomon scaria
Level 1
Level 1

Please let me know some deatails about a Channel Group...

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jon, I had the feeling the question was a wan one this time ):

Shi, the channel-group is nothing more than the configuration command to tell the router to put together a range of timeslots for data.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

It's the group of timeslots in a T1 or E1 circuit that makes the so-called Nx64 service, for example 768 Kbps speed, etc, up to full T! and E1.

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

Hello Sir,

I know this much about T1 and E1 circuits that a T1 line can transmit 1.544 megabits per second, or can be used to transmit 24 digitized voice channels and the line data rate for E1 is 2.048 Mbit/s (full duplex) which is split into 32 time slots, each being allocated 8 bits in turn... Here what is the role of a Channel Group...??

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi

In addition to Paolo's answer it could also be to do with etherchannel as channel-groups are how ports are grouped together to form an etherchannel.

Perhaps you could give us some context.

Paolo, funny how a primarily WAN person ie. you and a LAN person ie. me come at things from a totally different persepective :-)

Jon

Jon, I had the feeling the question was a wan one this time ):

Shi, the channel-group is nothing more than the configuration command to tell the router to put together a range of timeslots for data.

Thank you very much sir...

Hello Sir,

I have one more doubt is there, actually what is the purpose of a Channel Group...

As mentioned before, to define timeslots used by the serial interface, that is something a routers uses to send and receive data over a wan circuit.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card