Cisco Training in Korea?

Unanswered Question
Mar 18th, 2008

Hi, I'm currently living and working in Korea and would like to take a training course to get CCNA certified. I called up a few learning places but they don't teach in English. I also did a search using the locator and could not locate any facilities in Korea. Am I doomed? Would I need to return to the states to get English based training? Or are the virtual classes good enough to learn from? The only problem I have with the virtual classrooms is the lack of hands on experience I would be missing. (Hands on training is normally a part of Cisco's training program?)

Would appreciate any information for my issue.

- Marcus

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Urfan Khaliq Thu, 04/10/2008 - 18:33

Hi,

To be fair hands on training can be in the form of rack rental time, this will allow you to log on to real kit over the net, I did the CCNA in a tutor led course and we had real kit to log onto however it was on a remote site so it may as well be rack rental kit!!

Good luck!

moinseoul Fri, 04/25/2008 - 00:43

I looked into Cisco Training in Korea last year. The best solution I came up with was going to Manila for a bootcamp and making a holiday out of it!

Other than that, Korea is a huge social networking country. Ask a Korean speaking friend to start a Cafe on Daum or Naver to try to find a group of people who also want to study for the CCNA in English. (Since Koreans take the test in English, there are alot of them.) Word of warning, you may get people who only want to use you for English and not give much in return.

As for textbooks, Kyobobooks should be able to order whatever book you would like to use in English. Prices are good and if they have to have it shipped from overseas, it doesn't take long.

Have you found a place to buy used Cisco equipment? I am interested in what the prices are like.

Actions

This Discussion