Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CCM 6 and OCS 2007 Connection

Hi all

I have CCM 6.0 and OCS 2007 Systems. Now, I want to connect these each other.

My Topo is : Cisco IPPhone ----CCM 6.0---GW 2811 ---Mediation Server----MOC.

In CCM 6, I created route pattern, H323 GW,...My router configuration is :

voice translation-rule 1

rule 1 // /+\1/

!

voice translation-rule 2

rule 1 /^\+200/ /200\1/

!

!

voice translation-profile pots

translate called 1

!

voice translation-profile voip

translate calling 2

!

dial-peer voice 100 voip

s

translation-profile outgoing pots

destination-pattern 200.

session protocol sipv2

session target ipv4:IP_MediationServer

session transport tcp

dtmf-relay rtp-nte sip-notify

codec g711ulaw

clid strip pi-restrict

no vad

!

dial-peer voice 102 voip

translation-profile outgoing voip

destination-pattern 51..

session target ipv4:IP_CCM6

codec g711ulaw

no vad

!

Cisco IP Phone can call to MOC. The call is OK.

When MOC call to Cisco IP Phone, The IP Phone is ring, I press answer button. But MOC is still calling status (ring out). The call is not established.

I don't know why.Anybody has an idea?

20 Replies 20

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I have not seen it setup this way. The only way I have seen this work is through Presence. Presence connects to OCS server (not Mediation server either!) The Mediation server is probably not ready to handle this type of call hand off to/from the cisco router and CUCM. Call Control will not be built into the SIP Trunks between OCS and Cisco until later this year.

For what you are trying to do, you may need to either try the following:

- Use Presence to connect to the OCS server (IM Client) I know this works because I have set it up with MOC-Presence-CUCM and make calls back and forth.

- You can look in this forum: http://forums.microsoft.com/TechNet/ShowForum.aspx?ForumID=845&SiteID=17

possibly a work around for what you are trying.

Typically, in Mediation servers, they are connected to with a SIP gateway (TIMG, Net.com, etc) These then have a Digital T1 trunk to another PBX. Mediation server hands the call off to the SIP gateway, it looks at it's rules, forwards the call to correct trunk (PBX). PBX then routes the call, call connect to station.

So PBX is CUCM. In the digital world of TDM, this will work fine. In the SIP world, i think you are pushing the evenlope to get this to work. Probably more towards the end of the year when MSFT and Cisco play nicer together. SIP version from MSFT is slightly different than the rest of the world.

Not sure if it's codecs either. With MSFT and their new "magic" codec, your call may be getting messed up between G711 and RTAudio. If you can force Mediation to use G711, maybe this will fix the problem.

Good luck! (not a fan of OCS mediation server can you tell???)

Hi,

Thank you for replying .

Have you ever connected CCM 6 to OCS 2007 through CUPS 6.0?

Last week I use this Cisco Doc:http://cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/pbx/interop/notes/617030nt.pdf to do that. But it is not success.

I Think this Document is not enough.

Could you give me more detail to this solution?

Thank

CUPS (Cisco Unified Presence Server) So yes, CUPS works with the MOC client and OCS 2007. The document does stink. There is another thread on here

http://forum.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&forum=Unified%20Communications%20and%20Video&topic=Unified%20Communications%20Applications&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Dpass_through%26location%3Doutline%40%5E1%40%40.1ddda965/21#selected_message

basically the same thing. (LCS is OCS 2007)

It all depends on what you are trying to do also. There also was a thread about 3845 routers. The 38 series has more SIP features I believe?

http://forum.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&forum=Unified%20Communications%20and%20Video&topic=IP%20Telephony&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Dpass_through%26location%3Doutline%40%5E1%40%40.2cbf9214/0#selected_message

Hi

I tryed connecting OCS to CCM by using CUPS. Problem is same. MOC is still in "ring out" status when I press answer in Cisco IP Phone.

Please help me.

tore.wennberg
Level 1
Level 1

Hi. your design should work.

Tra to debug ccsip messages on the gateway to se if the correct sip messages are sent.

the gateway is a CUBE (IPIP GW) in your design.

you shold check the config giudes for this, and shoud make shure thet the CUBE is configured to translate between sip and h323.

this shoud look someting like this:

voice service voip

allow-connections h323 to sip

allow-connections sip to h323

++

also check that your phones use G711 (not g729)

Hi all

I have configured successfully . My solution is Upgrading CCM 6.0 to CCM 6.1 .

Ahhh.. The 6.1 has some new SIP features that probably enabled this. Even from 5.0 to 6.0 SIP got better on the CUCM end.

thanks for the info!!

Hi,

I have the same problem as you had but I already upgraded to CCM6.1.

Calls from CCM to OCS are OK

Calls from OCS to CCM are not ok. When MOC call to Cisco IP Phone, The IP Phone is ring, I press answer button. But MOC is still calling status (ring out). The call is not established.

could You give me the ios version of your gw ?

If you have any other advice, I'm interested.

thanx,

Bastien.

Hi Bastien

My IOS Router Version is Cisco IOS Software, 2800 Software (C2800NM-ADVENTERPRISEK9_IVS-M), Version 12.4(15)XY1, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1).

I think you must restart Router GW and CCM 6.1 after you finish configuring.

You also need check DNS confgiuration (CCM, OCS, Mediation Gateway..)

Good Luck.

Anyone get this fix? I have the same issue.

Hi

I had the same problem, but resolved it by configuring a sip to sip connection on the Cisco28xx.

Configure the following on the router

voice service voip

allow-connections sip to sip

sip

Then on the Mediation Server enter the IP of the Cisco Router and on the Cisco Router enter the IP of the Mediation Server within the dial-peer:

dial-peer voice 1 voip

description outbound to MEDIATION11

translation-profile outgoing TO-MEDIATION

preference 1

destination-pattern 777[0-6]

session protocol sipv2

session target ipv4:IP_OF_MEDIATION

session transport tcp

dtmf-relay sip-kpml

codec g711alaw

no vad

Regards

Peter

So did you you use a SIP trunk from CUCM or still H323?

You are right! I've forgotten to post, that I configured a SIP Trunk from CUCM to the Cisco Router. But the Cisco Router is still a H323 Gateway in the CUCM.

Hope this helps!

Thanks much for the config! We have been battling H323 to the 2800. Seems like there is a protocol issue between SIP and H323 at the router. The call leaves OCS, hits the Router, the Router sends the invite back, call hits h323, but it seems like it "doubles" the call legs and no reply is sent. But you can clearly see it in the RTMT logs on CUCM 6.1 the call is coming in on h323.

Good to know SIP trunks work then with the IPIP gateway.

Would version IOS are you on?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: