UCCX with system prompts

Unanswered Question
Mar 18th, 2008

I use UCCX 5.0. The problem is that when usiing Get Digit String branches aren't chosen properly.

I set up to collect 5 digits and accept with #. If user place less than 5 digits and accept with # it goes to Successful branch. When presses 5 digits script doesn't wait for # or * to cancel last digit but aslo goes to Successful branch.

Is it normal funcionality (wrong) and control must be done by user script?

Is it possible to turn off system prompts when Unsuccessfull or Timout happens?

It is not good to have both system and user prompts when dealing with Unsuccessful or Timeout.

The same problem is with MENU to collect digit to choose one option. When choose digit out of range it goes to Unsuccessful branch but also plays system prompt.

I hope it is not unique solution to delete system prompts from harddrive.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
pklos Tue, 03/18/2008 - 09:32

In you case 5 is maximum length for GetDigitStrig. So, after 5 digits there is no need to wait for #. # will work if you put 3 digits and press #.

dszymkowicz Tue, 03/18/2008 - 12:19

OK. I see this is only solution. I am not happy because of the way how GetDigitStrig choose branches.

Any idea how to deal with system prompts to not be played?

pklos Wed, 03/19/2008 - 03:30

There is no good universal solution for system prompts. Ask Cisco for Polish language support ;)

BCOLE2007 Fri, 03/21/2008 - 06:51

I find that when I set the retries to 0 the system prompts are disabled, and then I can handle the 'try again' message with my own prompt. If I need to reprompt the caller, 3 times, I would need to consider this in the script design.

Please rate all posts.

This Discussion