Views
Helpful
Replies

ACE device authentication via ACS

scott-goodwin
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys,

I have setup my ACE module to authenticate against my ACS V4.1 AAA server.

However I keep receiving the message invalid password in the ACS logs when i try and login to the ACE module.

However the I know the username - pass is good as I already use the ACS and same user account to login to all the other IOS based switches and routers.

Hence do i need to add any custom values into the group settings on ACS to map the users to a role within ACE etc..

Thanks

Scott

3 Replies 3

scott-goodwin
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Thanks for the reply, I have now entered the custom variable

shell:Admin*Admin

however i still get ACS password invalid, yet the same user works for other devices, does the ace have a specific password policy as for test purposes I am using the password cisco

Cheers

Scott

The only thing i could imagine is the fact that there is a certain password minimal length coded within the ACE maybe that is your problem. IIRC the minimal length is 8 characters. So if your username password is shorter than that this could be the issue. Try adding a localuser and see for yourself.

username test password 0 test

Error: Password specified is not strong enough:it is too short

username test password 0 test1234 <- works

Other than that i honestly have no idea. :)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: