Views
Helpful
Replies

3rd Party IP Phone Configuration Problem

cisco.madhab
Level 1
Level 1

HII,

I am working with CCM 5.1 as a service Provider. One of my customer have a third party 3Com 2102. I can't register his phone in my register.I have some configured already that i attached with mail. plz. help me ..and tell me how to configure that phone in my CCM.

Plz as soon as possible give me the suggestion.

thanks & Regards

Madhab

4 Replies 4

noxkrugger
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

At 3com phone, just find any related to TFTP such as Proxy, outbound proxy, register server to input your CCM IP address.

If you could find that, that will solve your problem at the first step.

To configure CCM:

1) provide dummy Mac address of the phone

2) Create another Phone security profile that are using secure device authentication.

3) Register the phone

3) Create an end user

- in the end user, put the digest credentials (same as password in your phone).

4)Associate the end user to the phone.

5) Choose which digest user in phone configuration window.

6) Reset the phone.

There you go!

Hii,

AT 3com 2102 phone no TFTP such as Proxy, outbound proxy, register server address option, only my IP address and NCP IP Address option.

So I plz tell what is the solution.

thanks & regards

Madhab

In the case where IP phones don't support TFTP auto-configuration, or the configuration file only specifies the domain name for the registrar, the phone uses DNS SRV to find the registrar's address.

When the phone obtains its IP address through the DHCP server, it also receives the address of one or more DNS servers. It sends a query to a DNS server for the address of the SIP server. This is a specific record query of the form:

_sip._.

where the protocol is normally TCP, TLS, or UDP. This entry needs to be configured on the DNS server, so that it responds with the address of the SIP registrar. The phone then registers with the SIP registrar.

Try it and please rate the post.

hi,

thanks for help....I will try and send the reply...and rate it

madhab

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: