Views
Helpful
Replies

CiscoWorks DFM - Operationally Down events

ch.jauslin
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We use CiscoWorks LAN Managment Suite. (LMS 2.6, DFM 2.0.10) to manage our network infrastructure.

After configuring DFM I'm receiving many operationallyDown events from DFM although I'm sure the vlan is up&running.

The event description contains information that AdminStatus\OperStatus wouldn't be present, but a manually snmp request with snmpget on the device with OID 1.3.6.1.2.2.2.1.7.29 tells me the interface is „Up“. Five minutes later DFM excecutes the next snmp-request with the expected value (-> UP) and cleares the event (see attachment).

Example:

EVENT DESCRIPTION = OperationallyDown::Component=IF-swiBasellys12.nw.coop.ch/29 [VL100] [172.17.100.50] [NMS];Type=ETHERNETCSMACD;OperStatus=NOTPRESENT;InterfaceCode=CODEUNKNOWN;DuplexMode=HALFDUPLEX;AdminStatus=NOTPRESENT;LastChangedAt=18-Mar-2008 17:02:29;IsFlapping=f

To have an idea what's really going on I've made sniffertraces (see attachment). You can see two identical snmp get-requests (on the same OID) from DFM (IP: 10.1.9.29) with two different responses from a Cisco C3500XL (IP: 172.17.100.50), once you can see the correct value “UP“ the following response is „noSuchInstance“:

Btw: I've expericenced this problem only with C3500XL running on differnet IOS-versions.

1 Reply 1

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This sounds like a device bug to me, but I could not locate one. You should open a TAC service request with this information as well as the show tech of one failing 3500XL so more analysis can be done.

That said, if this is a new bug, it may not be fixed given the age of this platform.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: