Views
Helpful
Replies

GN Netcom Headset not working with Cisco 7945/75 phones

BDTech119
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I am quite new here. We have just deployed in beta our new Cisco VoIP phone system. We have numerous GN Netcom 2110 and 2115 headsets. The Jabra website states these are compatible with 7900 series Cisco IP Phones.

However, when we connect them into the headset port, we do not hear anything through them. The only settings I can find are on the Device configuration:

Wideband Headset UI Control

Wideband Headset

Both are enabled and I have toggled both together and individually on and off.

Is there another setting/config somewhere that is preventing the headset from working?

Any help would be great! Thanks!

*NOTE: My apologies, this should have been posted in IP Telephony

8 Replies 8

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Dan,

These GN Netcom models will work but likely have the wrong Quick Disconnect cords for the Cisco 7900 series pin-out. You will need one of these;

GN Netcom 8800-02 Direct Connect Cord for Cisco

(Model # 27361101)

Cord allows you to plug-in the GN 2100 series headsets directly into Avaya, AT&T, Lucent, Callmaster V, Callmaster VI and 500 AM Cisco 7900 Series telephones. Also used to connect GN Netcom headsets with Plantronics M10 or M12 amplifiers.

http://www.twacomm.com/catalog/model_27361101.htm?sid=C6795F1D73EEF15D2C45EA09FDAE4CEA

Or this “Smart Cord”

From this doc;

http://telecom.hellodirect.com/eBiz/pdf/headsetaccessories/GN_Netcom_1200_Smart_Cord_Spec_Sheet.pdf

Hope this helps!

Rob

mshavrov
Level 1
Level 1

Alternatively, if you phone has no "PC headset connectors" (on the left bottom side of the phone), you may get a PC headset adapter, which plugs into the RJ-9 headset jack (on the back of the phone), and use a computer multimedia headset.

Michael

http://www.headsetadapter.com

a-cardenas
Level 1
Level 1

You need IPhone of the new generation like Integrated control of wireless headsets is a key feature which

differentiates the Cisco 'Advanced Media' Unified IP Phones

(7942G, 7945G, 7962G, 7965G and 7975) in the marketplace

HHC requires Cisco Unified Communications Manager 4.1(3) or above plus the 8.3(3) phone firmware version. Available in November 07.

For more information on which deskphones support HHC refer to www.jabra.com/cisco

just I have one problem with this combination CCM 4.1(3)SR5 plus IPhone 7945 (SCCP 45.8-3-4SR1S) plus GN9350 plus HHC I can't change the settings-->Device Configuration-->Media Configuration-->Headset Hookswitch Control to Enable if you known how do this please let me known..

Hi Antonio,

From CCM Admin search Device>Phone> to find the 7945 in question. Once you find the Device look down at the bottom of the page (you will see);

Wireless Headset Hookswitch Control (Enabled/Disabled)

Hope this helps!

Rob

Hi Rob

The option that your mentioned not appear like option on the IPhone parameters.

If you can see the attached file is all the parameters like CM show me to this kind of IPhone.

CM version is 4.1(3)sr5d

Hi Antonio,

It is available on our 4.2(3)sr3 :( I'll do some more research later when I get back to the office.

Rob

Hi Antonio,

I cannot seem to find what version of 4.1(3) adds this support :( I have gone through the 4.1(3)sr6a release notes but do not see any reference for the Wireless Headset Hookswitch Control.

I have opened a support case with Jabra so I'll let you know when they get back to me.

Hope this helps!

Rob

Hi Rob

I try with a upper version of de CCM 4.1(3) available on cisco before I start think on move to other version like CCM 4.2(3) or any other.

Rob if you have any kaind of responsed by Jabra pleas let me known all advices are good and take it consideration.

Sorry everybody by my poor english

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: