cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ciscoworks&ACS integration

ly633
Level 1
Level 1

We have ciscoworks LMS 2.6 working under ACS mode. It works fine. But sometimes when a L3 device add a new ip interface,even the device's old IP have been added in ACS, this device will appear in not configured in ACS report. Ask ACS admin add it in ACS, everything OK. But I don't think it is a good solution for such case, any other way to solve the root cause?

4 Replies 4

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

As long as the device's IP address does not change in DCR, and is still valid in ACS, then the device should not appear in the Devices not in ACS report. What exactly are you doing when you add a new IP to a device?

Hi, Jclarke,

You are right, I find the management IP address in DCR is changed to the new ip, (ofcause, I have to break the connection between ciscoworks and ACS, then I can see this device in DCR),which is in 'not configured in ACS report'. Why this happens?

This time, we add one loopback ip address, then the management IP changed.

Any reply? I modify it yesterday in DCR to the ip in ACS, but it changed back today again.

The management IP of a device can change if you are using discovery, and the resolution algorithm you have chosen finds a new address. For example, if you've chosen to resolve hostnames by name, then depending on how your DNS is configured, the management IP address (and hostname) can change depending on which interface of the device discovery sees first. If you want to use loopbacks (which is a good idea) set your resolution method to Resolve By Loopback, and make sure the IP on the loopback with the lowest ifIndex resolves to the proper hostname, and that hostname resolves back to the IP address that you want to use as your management address.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: