Views
Helpful
Replies

NBAR / custom.pdlm

franklaszlo
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All,

have someone ever been able to download the custom.pdlm file for NBAR customization ? I found many articles about using this custom.pdlm but I could not found the file itself for download.

If someone knows the a download url please tell me.

Thanks,

Laszlo

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Joseph W. Doherty
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The later IOSs seem to have the custom feature built in, i.e. they support "ip nbar port-map custom-XY" without needing a PDLM (in fact you can name them in 12.4). However, if you still believe you need the actual custom.pdlm, drop me a note and I'll see if I can help you further.

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Collin Clark
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Go to Download IOS, look for a heading that for NBAR. Here's the link too.

http://tools.cisco.com/support/downloads/go/PlatformList.x?sftType=Protocol%20Description%20Language%20Module%20(PDLM)%20Software&mdfid=268437988&treeName=Routers&mdfLevel=Model&url=null&modelName=PDLM&isPlatform=N&treeMdfId=268437899

HTH

Many thanks for your answer, however, I still cannot find the custom.pdlm ?! I can see a lot of supported protcol extensions for NBAR but custom.dplm.

Laszlo

There isn't one named custom.pdlm (I think there used to be) and now they are broken out by application/protocol.

Yes is see, but can I customize them ? As far as I understant custom.pdlm was designed so, that customers could add their own protocol-map using command :

ip nbar port-map custom-XY {tcp|udp} {port1 port2 ...}

Now, there is no custom-XY port mapping, except the specific one added by the corresponding pdlm. For instance if I download and install bittorrent.pdlm, I will only be able to change the port mapping for bittorrent but I can not add my custom protocol, nor can I rename bittorrent to "myprotocol".

You can create custom PDLMs and name them what ever you like. You would save them to flash and then call them via IOS just like the 'custom' ones like bittorrent.

I really do not care about the name of the pdlm file, it is the protocol map name I do care. Even if I rename and save the original bittorrent.pdlm as myprotocol.pdlm, when I load it, it would install the bittorrent protocol map and its definition, does it not ? Besides, if I load this myprotocol.pdlm and the original bittorrent.pdlm, I believe they should conflict, since both wants to install a protocol-map, named bittorrent.

Joseph W. Doherty
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The later IOSs seem to have the custom feature built in, i.e. they support "ip nbar port-map custom-XY" without needing a PDLM (in fact you can name them in 12.4). However, if you still believe you need the actual custom.pdlm, drop me a note and I'll see if I can help you further.

YESSS ! That is the simle truth, I finally found it.

The reason why I did not see it previously is that I was trying to use it on a 800 series router, and in spite of its new image (12.4(19)) this router does not support custom definitions. Whilst, on a 1841 router with 12.4(6)T6 IOS I can see the custom port mappings built in.

Thank you.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card