Views
Helpful
Replies

RME database reinitialization complete but cannot start RME database

thetnaing00
Level 1
Level 1

hi,

after reinitialization, i couldn't start the RME database as it says "shared violation: another procss may use this file" in windows event log reported by RMEdbEngine. any idea?thanks in advance.

8 Replies 8

David Stanford
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What steps did you follow to reinit the RME database?

leorob123
Level 1
Level 1

Stop all CSCOpx services, and after that, check if there are some CSCOpx processes in the task manager.

If yes, kill it and reinit the RME DB by the following command:

%NMSROOT%\bin\perl %NMSROOT%\bin\dbRestoreOrig.pl dsn=rmeng dmprefix=RME.

hope this help!

hi all,

thanks for the reply. i did stop the server net stop crmdmgtd and then go to command prompt and go to the bin directory. then type perl dbRestoreOrig.pl dsn=rmeng dmprefix=RME. then it asked me that all the data will be gone and i say yes.after that it is saying that could not delete the rmeng.db,syslog1.db,syslog2.db,syslog3.db but do the reinitialization until it say reinitialization complete.any idea?

hi

any update for this issue. thanks.

hi

another thing is after the re-initialization process, the RME database and syslog.db files are not going empty. their sizes are remain the same. is it normal for successful reinitialization. thanks.

You have to see if you have the rights permission to delete the rme and syslog db.

You can try this:

- Stop CRMdmgtd daemon

- backup all rmeng db (rmeng.db, SylogFirst.db, SyslogSecond.db, etc..).

- delete the above files from %NMSROO%\databases\rmeng folder (warning at not delete the orig folder!!)

- run this command:

%NMSROOT%\bin\perl %NMSROOT%\bin\dbRestoreOrig.pl dsn=rmeng dmprefix=RME

hi

thanks for the reply. i will try this tomorrow. another thing is "ianywhere". when i try to start the RME db after re-initialization, there is a pop up and it says "ianywhere" and give the message as "shared violation: another process may use the file".

is "ianywhere" coming together with cisco product. i've never encountered this before. thanks.

hi there,

can anybody help me on this matter? even i try to reinstall the RME database, it says share violation and the database doesn't start after reinitialization.where is this share violation coming from? the reinitialization is goinf well til 100% but after that we cannot start the db.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco