Views
Helpful
Replies

Integration with Cisco Unified IP Phone 7960G

avg_softengine
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

we need to make the IP Phone integrated with 3rd party Windows application (ERP system) using MS Visual Studio 200/2008 (C#).

I can not find the place where to start with.. :(

Just in 2 words: we need to interact with the phone:

1. to make the automatically calls by pressing a button in ERP

2. to have a pop-up form shown in ERP with the contact/account details for any incoming call

So, which API to use, is there any documentation, samples, additional software/drivers and so on..??

Thank you very much for any help and replies.

regards,

Alex

7 Replies 7

pklos
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

Check Cisco TAPI. It should be enough to do all you need.

TAPI Developer Guider for CCM 5.0: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/tapi_dev/5_0_4/developer/tpdev.pdf

--

regards,

PK

Thank you for the info.. 310 pages, uh..

I'll be glad also having any C# code samples how to integrate Cisco Unified IP Phones 7900 Series.

Thanx

I'm afraid you're not off to a good start with C#. Cisco has two ways of doing CTI: TAPI (which is native W32.. so best suited for C(++), VB, Delphi and the likes) and JTAPI (which is Java based).

If you type in "C# TAPI" into google, it'll get you to one or two C# TAPI wrappers which may do what you need to do though (but that doesn't change the fact that JTAPI would be easier to work with.. and as C# programmer you'd feel much more at home with the object oriented approach).

I have been using the Julmar ATapi.NET libary for programming TAPI in C#.

You might have a look on their website. It contains several examples.

Mike: Have you experienced any problems with those wrappers or are they essentially problem free?

I have been told that i need to use SIP protocol API instead of TAPI to have a TRUE VOIP Windows solution.

Could you guys please tell me the difference between SIP API and TAPI?

And could you please suggest a way which API (SPI or TAPI) the OnCast solution is based on (http://www.litescape.com/oncastsoftware.html) - we have to develop something similar.

Thank you for your replies,

Alexey

Could you please comment on SIP vs TAPI, this is really important to get know the starting point.

Again, thank you