cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to use BAT for adding CUPC Phones?

ghflynn
Level 1
Level 1

I have not been able to find an option for adding a CUPC phone using BAT for CUCM 6.0.1. I was able to make it work by creating a file format for CIPC, setting a valid device name for CIPC and then changing it once the text file is created. However, CUPC requires 3 device license units unless in Adjunct mode, where it's sharing a DN with a hard phone in which case it uses 1 DLU. But, it seems for the CUPC device to only use 1 DLU the Primary Phone needs to be selected on the CUPC device configuration screen and I don't see anyway to set the Primary Phone with BAT. Any ideas?

1 Reply 1

bwilmoth
Level 5
Level 5

1. Manually create a CUPC phone in CCMAdmin

2. Use BAT Export to export this to a file (BAT Admin -> Phones ->Export Phones -> All Details)

3. Use Upload/Download File under BAT to download this file, rename itto .csv

4. Open the .csv in Excel

5. This should allow you to mass create phones

6. Upload the new .csv file as "All Details"

The next step would be to update users with associated devices.

1. Use same method to export all the users using the default file format (Make sure that at least one user already has a device associated or it will not export with this field)

2. Add the Device name of the device that you want to associate to the "Controlled Device Field"

3. Upload the file

4. Create a user template in BAT

5. Go to Update Users

6. Update the users using the .csv file and the template.

7. Submit, Check Job Scheduler for errors.

how to update the user/line association field in BAT:

Create a single user/line association manually

1. Bulk Administration

2. Users

3. Export Line Appearance

4. Choose a file name, click run now

It should generate a file with the following format:

User ID,Device,Directory Number,PartitionYou can fill in the fields as desired, then reimport using "Update Line Appearance"