cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CTM8 doesn't work after java update

tortifoerster
Level 1
Level 1

We have a sun fire v240 with solaris 10. After an update of java jre and jdk from 1.5.0_14 to 1.5.0_15 ctm 8 stopped. I tried a reboot of the server without success.

The error-message if i start ctm with 'ctms-start' is:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/bouncycastle/openssl/PasswordFinder

at com.cisco.stardm.platform.Decrypt.main(Decrypt.java:65)

Error in add_log_parts.sh

Add log partition error : Please Check if ORACLE is installed and CTM DB is running

**Abort** ctms-start

------------------

The database is running. I did removed the jre and the jdk again, but it still wont start.

I don't want to install the ctm again.

Can somebody help me?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Michael Dooley
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Well that sounds interesting.... The error message is telling us that CTM Server will not start because it thinks oracle is not running. What do you get if you do the following command?

#ps -elf | grep oracle

You should see a bunch or lines with oracle in it. If you just see one line, then oracle is not running and you need to see why.

If it is not running, have you tried to reboot the server?

Thanks

Mike Dooley

Cisco Heartland TAC

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Michael Dooley
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Well that sounds interesting.... The error message is telling us that CTM Server will not start because it thinks oracle is not running. What do you get if you do the following command?

#ps -elf | grep oracle

You should see a bunch or lines with oracle in it. If you just see one line, then oracle is not running and you need to see why.

If it is not running, have you tried to reboot the server?

Thanks

Mike Dooley

Cisco Heartland TAC

I could solve the problem last days.

My solution:

After some brainstorming and google, i did understand the message.

With the update of java jdk, java seems to delete an external libary and a java security entry, which were done by ctm-installation.

1. I did download the original bouncycastle-jar 'bcprov-jdk15-138.jar' from the internet and moved it to the java-libary-folder for external jars.

2. I needed to change the java-security-file because of a missing BN-key. I add the following line:

'security.provider.8=org.bouncycastle.jce.provider.BouncyCastleProvider'

After these 2 changes, I could start the ctm-server with 'ctms-start'.

So, if I update the jdk next time, I know what I have to do.

Good job!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: