cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

*xxxx transfer is not working

shirwaziri1_2
Level 1
Level 1

This used to work, but now it does not work. When users try to transfer a call using *xxxx we get a generic unity greating. "Welecome you have reach the unity system, etc etc.." It is properly setup in Call manager.

How do we fix this, this used to work.

10 Replies 10

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Shir,

Did this work before an upgrade to CCM 5.x or 6.x? Did you use the method shown in this doc?

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_tech_note09186a00800dea82.shtml

If yes, make sure that the word "voicemail" is not configured on the CTI RP Name.

Hope this helps!

Rob

we have call manager 4. There was not upgrade, this worked but now it is not working?

I would start at the unity call viewer. Do a test call with the * and four digits then see what digits are really showing up in the call viewer.

Have you added any route/translation/dn patterns that could be conflicting with the *XXXX pattern? I would also try using DNA (Dialed Number Analyzer) to make sure the call is being routed properly through CallManager. If you have never used DNA before be sure to activate it on a CCM server that has some processing power to spare as it can be a bit of a resource hog.

Keithknowles is semi right, you install DNA via Plugin in CCMA, it has no activation. Once installed it will show up as a Service in the Windows Service Console. You can install on ANY server in the Cluster. My guess is that you may have entered a Route Pattern or Translation Pattern that either blocks or overides the existing one. Good thing to check out anyways. If no updates, then was their any Route changes and/or adds or changes to Translation Patterns? Hope this helps.

My apologies, my DNA instructin were for a 5.X system where you run it from the CUCM. In 4.X i guess you install it as a plugin.

Hey which exact version of CallManager you have

we filed a bug that affect that functionality?

Give me the version and will let you know if in fact you are affected

it is version 4.1.3sr2

This is an example of how to get this working on callmanager 6.1

Thanks Rob.

Fixed my issue.

Saved me a TAC case. +5

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: