cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 7940 Call Interupt

rangfinserv
Level 1
Level 1

I have a small call center. I need to know how one agent can jump on another agents call without using the conferencing feature.

3 Replies 3

jarmitage
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Kurt,

If you're using Cisco Agent Desktop, then the Supervisor should be able to barge into the call.

Another option would be to do a blind transfer from one agent to another.

Is there a specific reason you don't want to use the conference feature in this case?

Cheers,

-James.

rangfinserv
Level 1
Level 1

can I pick and choose which phones in the office have supervisor rights?

The reason I would like to jump right on opposed to the conference is that our calls are very heated business to business boiler room type calls. A few seconds in pause while the rep is doing the conference would most likely cause a hangup from the prospect.

Maybe we just to work on using the conference feature more habitually.

Hi Kurt,

Certainly the "barge" feature might fit your needs here. In order to set up Supervisor rights for different phones, the agents will have to run Cisco Supervisor Desktop (instead of Cisco Agent Desktop).

I've read a number of reports that indicate Agent Desktop and Supervisor Desktop don't always co-exist on the same machine nicely, your mileage may vary. (If you encounter problems, uninstall CAD from a test machine).

Alternatively, try using the hot-key combinations with CAD to see how low your staff can get their conference time. Our people can complete a conference to an internal number in under a second, although there was an initial learning curve!

In CAD, with the application in the foreground, control-F initiates a conference.

The dial pad appears, and our people use the keypad to dial the internal extension.

Press "enter" once to execute the call, and "enter" again to conference.

This does introduce a moment of hold music on the line, which might be a concern for you. To make it seamless, change your "network music on hold" (as opposed to User-hold) to silence.

This will affect parked calls and conference transfers as well -- if that's a problem start your audio clip with a second of silence and then fade in to the music.

Hope that helps, regards,

-James.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: