cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DFM new interface group?

js88888888
Level 1
Level 1

Hello. I'm trying to refine some DFM thresholds and needed some clarification.

Currently, we receive random HighQueueDropRate alerts for the radio interfaces from several of our Cisco APs. The notifications have the Managed Object Type of "Wireless".

When I drill down into the Thresholds-DFM- there is no Wireless interface type anywhere.

I need to set up a separate group so that only wireless/radio interfaces included so that I can adjust the thresholds accordingly. I need the eithernet/BVI interfaces to remain the same, as normal trunk or network devices so I can receive valid up/down notifications. What is the best way to do this?

thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You should customize one of the Customizable Interface Groups. You can match on the ifType of the interface (probably IEEE80211). Once you've configured the ruleset the way you want it, adjust the Interface Threshold grouping priorities under DFM > Configuration > Setting Priorities, then apply your changes.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You should customize one of the Customizable Interface Groups. You can match on the ifType of the interface (probably IEEE80211). Once you've configured the ruleset the way you want it, adjust the Interface Threshold grouping priorities under DFM > Configuration > Setting Priorities, then apply your changes.

That works, thanks once again for all your help.