CUPs backups

askq2forum
Level 1
Level 1

Cups DRS documents states:

You can back up and restore the following features:

•CUP

•Database

Any idea what the different features actually backup - the statements cover so much, can you backup and restore 1 without the other or should we do both?cheers..jag

2 Replies 2

smahbub
Level 6
Level 6

The Cisco Unified Presence Server a critical component for delivering the full value of a Cisco Unified Communications environment, collects information about users' availability, such as whether they are using communications devices (for example, a phone) at a particular time. It can also collect information about individual user communications capabilities, such as whether web collaboration or video conferencing is enabled. Using this information, applications such as Cisco Unified Personal Communicator and Cisco Unified CallManager can improve productivity by helping employees connect with colleagues more efficiently through determining the most effective way for collaborative communication

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cups/1_0/english/release/note/cps101rn.html

Shumon,

thanks for your reply - I know what CUP's does I just wanted more info on the backups.What will I be able to resture if I just click the CUP backup (I assume it will do the configuration)and if I only backup the database then its the data associated with the config. Can I backup or restore 1 without the other?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: