2620 hardware question

Unanswered Question
Mar 19th, 2008

i have a 2620 router that keeps rebooting itself after loading flash. should I try to reload the ios? any suggestions?

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Richard Burts Wed, 03/19/2008 - 12:11

Sometimes the console messages generated during this type of problem can give helpful clues about what is going on and what the problem is. Can you get on the console port while the router is doing this, capture the console ouput for a couple of the reboot cycles, and post that output?

It would also help us if we knew the answers to a couple of questions:

- has this router run successfully in the past and then the problem started? Or is this a new (at least new to you) router and has had the problem as long as you have had it?

- if it has run in the past and then the problem developed, were any changes made (especially new images loaded or possibly flash erased) that you are aware of?

If it turns out to be a missing or corrupted, (or perhaps a replacement image that is too large) then loading another image may be helpful.

I have sometimes seen situations with symptoms similar to what you describe where we power down the router, reseat the flash and memory chips, and power back up. Sometimes this fixes the problem. I do not see where it would hurt anything if you try this.

This Discussion