cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UC520 - Display free lines on phones?

andreas.klein
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, I have a UC520 with 2 analog lines going in and about 10 users with 7941s and 7912s. On their old PBX system they had 2 little red lights on each phone that lit-up whenever a line was busy.

Now, there doesnt seem to be a way to display if their two outgoing lines are busy... SO the only way to find out is by dialing 9-xxx-555-xxxx and then hearing a busy tone and trying a bit later when there's a free line...

Any possible way to display the 2 free lines on a 7941 screen or maybe a service someone created to see when the 2 analog lines are busy?

I think the best option would be to tell the customer to buy a 3rd or 4th line for an extra 30$/month, but they just want me to double-check.

Thanks!

Cisco UC520-16U-4FXO-K9

UC500 Software (UC500-ADVIPSERVICESK9-M), Version 12.4(11)XW5, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)

5 Replies 5

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi, in the admin guide , check "trunk" command under ephone-dn, with the option to monitor FXO port. Note, when you configure like that, all calls made from that DN will have trunk digits prepended to dialed digits, the consequence is that you need to configure additional button for internal calls. In summary, is up to you to try first, show to customer, and find a configuration that they like.

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

Thank you for your help, but I am having trouble getting this administration guide on the website... I get lost in all these pages! :-O

I know, it's large book. Try the way I do, download .pdf and use the search function. It's there, you just have to locate it.

Hey Paolo, is this the part you're referring to??

SCCP: Configuring Trunk Lines for a Key System

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/admin/configuration/guide/cmebasic.html#wp1036976

javalenc

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: