Views
Helpful
Replies

CME: Phone reg, but no extension

eriktatsapaugh
Level 1
Level 1

Hi guys,

I'm running CME on a 2811 router with a 3550 supporting three phones. (Phone lab) When I initially attach them with Telephony Services already configed and set to Auto Assign, they register, but do not receive extensions (ie. No ext 1000, 1001, 1002 on phone display or listed in config) Ideas?

Router config attached. Config attached is after attaching phones. Previous to that, there was no ephone entries.

Thanks

4 Replies 4

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

It doesn't look like your config was attached. Can you try to attach it again? Sounds like there are no ephone-dns in the config so there is nothing to auto assign?

Brandon

Let's try attaching again.

As far as ephone-dns, I used the Telephony Setup cmd previously, and it set up both ephones and ephone-dns. What I am looking for is auto config and auto registration of phones as they are plugged into the switch. But I don't like using the telephony setup cmd because it auto names the DHCP pool ITS for phones. If you have a better route to this goal, please advise.

The reason you're getting phones registered with no DNs is because there are no ephone-dns in your configuration to auto assign. If you add the ephone-dns, phones should then be able to auto register and receive theses DNs. Regarding "telephony-service setup", you do have the option of telling this process to not setup DHCP. This might be an option if you want to use the command, but don't like the DHCP setup.

Hope this helps.

Brandon

Thank you. The light bulb is now on!