Views
Helpful
Replies

LFIB question

saurav.khanna
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys,

Had a couple of questions, when I run the command sh mpls-forwarding table vrf <id> I see a local label assigned to the vrf id what does that signify; what's even more confusing is if the interface is in a down down state then the mpls forwarding table associated with that interface should be empty, but I still see alabel assigned to the VRF id; confused:

ROUTER1#sh mpls forwarding-table vrf Orch_8220:1251674

Local Outgoing Prefix Bytes tag Outgoing Next Hop

tag tag or VC or Tunnel Id switched interface

162 Aggregate vrf:Orch_8330:121674 \

ROUTER1#

The VRF related to this interface is in a down down state.

5 Replies 5

irisrios
Level 6
Level 6

Local Label is a local tag assigned by the router. Refer to URL http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/12_0st/12_0st10/feature/guide/egress.html#wp1031412 for detailed explanation of this command.

Yeps, I know local labels are assigned by the LSR to all the prefixes in the routing table. My question is why was a label assigned to VRF ID (which is not a routing prefix) also if the interface is down, there is no prefix in the vrf routing table for that particular VRF ID still a local label is assigned to it. Why????

Hi,

It would be nice to see the output of "show ip route vrf ..." at the same time as your "show mpls forwarding-table". Which IOS version and platform are you using?

Regards, Martin

shivlu jain
Level 5
Level 5

i am also getting the same but on doing the ip route vrf *; the same got disabled. try this remedy

regards

shivlu

Will give that a shot and let you know..

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: