Views
Helpful
Replies

cant browse the Internet after installing DIA router

saidfrh
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I installed a Cisco 2821 DIA router. I am able to ping the ISP's router. An Win XP laptop connected witha cross over cable can not browse the Internet. The XP PC was given a static IP in the routers Ethernet IP block. The configuration of the router is included in this attachment. Any assistance for trouble shooting the config would be appreciated.

4 Replies 4

saidfrh
Level 1
Level 1

The following has the configuration attachment. Thanks.

meballard
Level 1
Level 1

Can you ping the PC from your router? and your router from the PC (using it's gateway address, 207.xxx.x.33)?

If so, can you ping your router's outside interface from the PC (67.yyy.yyy.194)?

Can you ping an outside IP address from your router (not the ISP's router)? and if you source it from 207.xxx.x.33 address?

From the router I can ping ISP's router. I can ping the router's Ethernet IP.

From the computer, I can ping the router's Ethernet IP. I can not ping the ISP's IP address

This part is important too:

If so, can you ping your router's outside interface from the PC (67.yyy.yyy.194)?

Can you ping the ISP's router if you source it from 207.xxx.x.33 address? (ie ping ISPRouterIP source RouterEthernetIP)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: