cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Download Topology to Visio

PYomes0930
Level 1
Level 1

I have a Windows 2000 Server with LMS 2.6, Campus Manager 4.0.9. One of my users reports that he cannot export the topology view to Visio. I have polled my other users and they can export the Visio file; as well as I can download in either format, csv or xml. Is there a Windows configuration on his machine (Windows XP SP 2)that would or could result in an authentication error? We thought that it might be a Java problem, but he has the same update as we all do.

4 Replies 4

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Is the LMS server integrated with ACS? Exactly what error is this user getting? If the user logs into LMS from another, working client, does he get the same error, or does it work (i.e. does the problem follow the user or the client)?

Jclarke,

No the LMS is not integrated with ACS. The strange thing about the situation is that the error only occurs with one user. We had him signed into another machine, and the export works there. He says that he updated to a recent issue of Java, but the same thing happens. The Campus Manager error is:

IO Error exporting to File "," for window "Network Topology - Layer 2 View

com.cisco.nm.client.SecurityException: Not Authenticated

The error occurs when he tries to export to .csv. When he tries to export to .xml it does nothing. Probably because he has a newer version of Visio, correct?

Thanks for the help,

PYomes0930

What version of Java does this user have loaded on his machine? With Campus Manager 4.0.9, you can only have 1.4.2_12. If he has any other versions, have him uninstall all Java from his workstation, then install the plug-in from the server. Then have him check the Java control panel, and remove all the certificates under the Certificates tab.

Then have him reconnect to Campus Manager. When he sees a security pop-up, have him accept it (or trust Cisco). Then have him try the Visio export.

Jclarke,

My user did as you instructed above, and the situation has been resolved. I will award max points and close this issue out when you reply. Thank you very much for your quick responses and expertise.

Pyomes0930

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: